Salmon with Couscous Pilaf
The couscous does not need to be cooked before going into the baking dish; it will steam in the oven along with the fish and vegetables.
- 1 pound carrots (about 6 medium), quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/8 inch thick diagonally
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, mix together carrots, couscous, almonds, raisins, mint, oil, 1 1/4 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Place salmon fillets on top of couscous mixture; season generously with salt and pepper. Cover pan with foil; bake until fish is opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer fish to plates. Fluff couscous with a fork; serve with fish and lemon wedges.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2005