This zesty salad is packed with Italian antipasto favorites -- and you won't be hungry an hour later.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, September 2005
- 2 whole pepperoncini
- 5 ounces (about 4 cups) romaine, finely shredded
- 1 plum tomato, cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 2 ounces sliced provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and pepper
Stem and thinly slice 1 pepperoncini; in an airtight container, mix with lettuce, tomato, cheese, salami, and whole pepperoncini.
In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, and a pinch each of salt and pepper; transfer to a small container. Refrigerate both containers, covered, up to overnight. Toss just before serving.