Ring Around the Rose-Petal Fools
A pocketful of sugared rose petals is all you'll need to top these rich strawberry fools.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Photography: Tara Donne
- 12 ounces strawberries, halved
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, pod reserved for another use
- 1 1/4 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 12 edible rose petals
- 2 large egg whites or pasteurized egg whites, lightly beaten (or powdered egg whites)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
Puree strawberries, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, the rose water, and vanilla seeds until mixture is slightly chunky.
Whisk heavy cream, creme fraiche, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in strawberry mixture until just swirled through. Divide among 12 glasses. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the sugared rose petals: Pick up each rose petal with tweezers. Lightly brush with egg whites and sprinkle with superfine sugar to coat. Let dry on a wire rack.
Garnish each fool with a rose petal just before serving.