Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Pasta
Roasting the zucchini and tomatoes rather than sauteing them intensifies their flavor.
- 2 1/2 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound long fusilli or linquine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Heat oven to 450 degrees. On rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic with 5 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread into single layer; roast until zucchini is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Toss with remaining tablespoon oil; cover.
Pour reserved pasta water onto baking sheet of cooked vegetables; scrape with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Stir vegetables and juices into pasta. Add parsley and Parmesan; toss to combine. Serve with more Parmesan.