Chicken and Apple Sausage Patties
These sausage patties are great with eggs or pancakes.
- Yield: Makes 16 patties
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1992
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for cooking sausage
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup fresh sage leaves, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium heat, and cook onion until translucent and soft, about 3 minutes. Add apples and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Combine chicken with onion-apple mixture and remaining ingredients, mixing with your hands. Form into 1 1/2-inch-round patties, and chill until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a little oil in a medium ovenproof saute pan, and brown patties over medium-low heat 2 minutes on each side; transfer pan to oven, and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.