Beet and Carrot Slaw
Use it all: Both the beets and their greens are used in this colorful, delicious slaw.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium bunch beets with greens (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium carrots, grated
In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Cut greens off beets; discard stems and cut leaves into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Peel and grate beets; place in a strainer and rinse until water runs clear, then squeeze dry with a paper towel. Add to bowl along with beet leaves and carrots. Toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.