Shrimp and Rice Salad with Parsley
The parsley adds both color and flavor to this salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Cook rice according to package instructions. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add garlic and shrimp, and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and add cooked rice, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.