Mary Quite Contrary Garden Salad
It's evident how Mary's garden grows when you taste this salad, which has a mix of tender lettuces and an herb-filled buttermilk dressing made with fresh parsley, dill, and mint.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 10
- 4 cups brioche, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 7 ounces mache
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast brioche cubes on a baking sheet until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
Meanwhile, whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil, then cheese and herbs. Add lettuces, and toss to combine. Garnish with brioche croutons.