Fish with Mango Relish
This relish is a light, refreshing complement to fish. It works well with chicken, too.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced medium
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced medium
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each), skin off, or other firm, flaky fish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, toss together mango, cucumber, basil, lime juice, and olive oil. Season relish with salt and pepper.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium-high. Using a paper towel, blot fish dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. When pan is hot, add vegetable oil, then gently add fish, working in batches if necessary (do not overcrowd pan). Cook fish, undisturbed, until fillets release easily from pan, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve fish with relish.