Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These little cookies showcase a perfect pairing of peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until smooth. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two large baking sheets. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.