Topping your pan-seared steak with a seasoned butter makes the meat that much more flavorful and indulgent.
Source: Everyday Food, April 2007
- 4 tablespoons room-temperature butter
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared white horseradish (squeezed of excess liquid)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In a small bowl, mix the ingredient combination of your choice with room-temperature butter. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.