Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Chicken Tostadas
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
For the Seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
For the Topping
- Chopped lettuce, sliced tomatoes and avocados, fresh cilantro, and sour cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack in center. Between two sheets of waxed paper, pound chicken breasts with a meat pounder until about 1/2 inch thick. Transfer chicken to a resealable plastic bag. Add lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper; refrigerate.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush tops with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from refrigerator; discard marinade. Grill chicken until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Let rest until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes; cut into strips.
Brush onions with oil; grill until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Serve the tortillas topped with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, chicken, onions, cilantro, and sour cream.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2003