Quick Cabbage with Tomatoes
This side dish goes well with steak, pork tenderloin, or egg noodles.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small green cabbage, halved, cored, and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup water
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften and brown around edges, 4 minutes. Add water, cover, and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Uncover and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook, uncovered, until they soften, 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with parsley.