Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal, and Pecan Cookies
For those who can't choose between chocolate chip or oatmeal as their favorite cookie, here is the ultimate compromise. The cookie jar won't stay full for long.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed. Add vanilla and egg and beat to combine. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies until puffed and golden around edges, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.