Cheesy Chickpea and Sesame Crackers
Chickpeas and Parmesan cheese are incorporated into the dough of these crackers. Serve them alongside your favorite dip for a simple appetizer or snack.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 65
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for surface
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in middle and lower third. In a food processor, pulse chickpeas until coarsely chopped. Add coriander, salt, pepper, flour, and butter, and pulse to combine. With machine running, gradually add 3 tablespoons cold water until dough forms a ball. Add Parmesan and pulse to combine.
Divide dough and form into two 1-inch-thick disks. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each disk to an 1/8-inch thickness. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. With a knife, cut into 1-by-3-inch rectangles and place, 1/2 inch apart, on two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let crackers cool on sheets.