These easy and elegant napoleon pastries feature layers of sliced bananas, store-bought dulce de leche, whipped cream, and toasted coconut.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into 6 rectangles
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup store-bought dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place puff pastry rectangles on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and puffed, 15 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar on high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
With a serrated knife, cut rectangles in half horizontally. Reserve 4 tops. Divide banana slices among 4 pastry bottoms, then drizzle with dulce de leche. Use 2 pastry bottoms and 2 pastry tops to make middle layers. Layer with whipped cream and coconut, then top with reserved pastry tops. Serve immediately.