Fresh Herb Salsa Verde
A relish made with your favorite fresh herbs adds quick flavor to a variety of foods.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 2 cups mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, and cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a food processor, combine herbs, garlic, and vinegar; if desired, add capers and anchovy fillets. Pulse until coarsely chopped, 20 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with steamed beans.
- Mix with crumbled feta and serve on crostini or crackers.
- Spoon over thinly sliced grilled skirt steak.
- Drizzle on baked salmon or shrimp.
- Toss with roasted small potatoes.
- Use as a sandwich spread.
- Stir into drained and rinsed canned black beans.
- Add to scrambled eggs on toast.