Mini Ginger-Almond Cheesecakes
No fancy pans are required to make these mini cheesecakes: they're made in cupcake tins.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 10
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs (from about 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds (optional), toasted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 10 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners. In a food processor, pulse together cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, salt, and butter until combined. Divide crumb mixture among cupcake liners, firmly pressing into bottoms and up sides. Bake until crusts are browned and fragrant, 10 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack at room temperature.
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on high until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar and almond extract and beat until smooth. In another medium bowl, with clean beaters, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir one-third the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, then gently fold in remaining. Divide mixture among cooled crusts and refrigerate until set, 1 hour (or up to overnight). To serve, top with almonds, if desired.