Asian Chicken Sandwich
Turn the makings of an Asian Chicken Salad into a masterful sandwich.
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound baguette
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, lime juice, and soy sauce. Split a baguette lengthwise and scoop out most of the insides, then spread mayonnaise on both sides. Layer bottom half with chicken, cabbage mixture, cilantro and mint. Sprinkle with jalapenos, and place top half of baguette on sandwich. To serve, cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2011