Under 30 Minutes
Asian Chicken Salad
Most of a jalapeno's spiciness is in the ribs and seeds -- omit them for a milder dressing. Swap cubed firm tofu for the chicken to make the salad vegetarian.Try this salad as an Asian Chicken Sandwich.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 medium head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 large)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, oil, and sugar until combined. Add cabbage, carrots, cilantro, mint, and chicken, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2011