Under 30 Minutes
Asian Chicken Salad
Most of a jalapeno's spiciness is in the ribs and seeds -- omit them for a milder dressing. Swap cubed firm tofu for the chicken to make the salad vegetarian.Try this salad as an Asian Chicken Sandwich.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 medium head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 large)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, oil, and sugar until combined. Add cabbage, carrots, cilantro, mint, and chicken, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.