Greek Salad Sandwich
Turn the makings of our Greek Salad with Chickpeas into a masterful sandwich.
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled feta
- 8 slices rustic bread or olive bread
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
In a food processor, pulse chickpeas, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and parsley until finely chopped. In a small bowl, stir together onion, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In another small bowl, mash feta with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread chickpea mixture on 4 slices bread. Top with cucumber, tomato, and onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Spread feta mixture on 4 more bread slices and place on top of sandwiches.