Under 30 Minutes
Asian Beef in Lettuce Cups
You can carry the warmth of a family dinner into the week with this idea for leftover roast beef.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound leftover Roast with Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, basil, or mint leaves
- Boston lettuce
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion, garlic, and red pepper until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce; cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Turn off heat; stir in eye of round slices until heated through. Stir in peanuts, vinegar, and cilantro. Serve in Boston lettuce cups.