On a hot day, use your blender to whip up a refreshing cold soup from a ripe tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, July 2009
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- 2-inch piece cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2-inch-wide strip bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Toasted country bread, for serving
- Shaved Manchego cheese, for serving
In a food processor, puree tomato until almost smooth. Add cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, vinegars, and oil and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until mostly smooth.
Chill soup in the refrigerator 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours). Adjust seasoning; thin with water if necessary. Brush bread with oil. Serve soup drizzled with oil and topped with cheese, with bread alongside.