Under 30 Minutes
Marinated Salmon Steaks with Couscous
- 1 bunch cilantro, thick stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 to 2 red jalapeno or serrano chiles (ribs and seeds removed), chopped
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup couscous
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a food processor, pulse cilantro, garlic, chile, ginger, paprika, and cumin until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice and pulse to combine.
Arrange salmon in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Rub both sides with cilantro mixture. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake salmon, uncovered, until opaque throughout, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat. Cover and let stand until tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in lemon zest and 1 tablespoon oil. Serve salmon with couscous.