Under 30 Minutes
Cheese Enchilada Casserole
Make this Mexican standby suit your tastes: Use our cheese enchiladas as a base, then select a sauce and your choice of toppings for a fast dinner with fresh flavor every time.
- 1 1/2 cups of one of the following enchilada sauces:
- Tomato-Jalapeno Enchilada Sauce
- Tomatillo Enchilada Sauce
- Chile-Raisin Enchilada Sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded or crumbled cheese, such as Monterey Jack or queso fresco, or a combination
- Diced onion, avocado, chopped cilantro, cheese, or sour cream (optional), for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 cup sauce into a wide, shallow bowl. Working with one at a time, dip tortillas in sauce, shaking off excess, then sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese down center. Roll tortilla around cheese and arrange, seam side down, in 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 1/2 cup sauce. Cover tightly with foil and bake until heated through, 10 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2011