Steamed Broccoli with Miso-Sesame Sauce
Serve this broccoli as a side dish or as a first course in place of a salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Body+Soul, October 2005
- 2 tablespoons dark miso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice or soy milk
- 4 cups broccoli florets, (cut from about 2 pounds of whole broccoli heads)
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
In a small bowl, mix miso, sesame seeds, lemon juice, and oil. Slowly add the milk, stirring well. For a thinner sauce, add more liquid.
Arrange broccoli florets in a steamer basket over a small amount of water. Steam florets until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to serving dish; drizzle with sauce and garnish with red pepper.