Muesli with Yogurt
Try oat-and-nut-rich muesli with apple slices and low-fat yogurt for a breakfast that will get you up and going.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Antonis Achilleos
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2006
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain low-fat yogurt
For the Muesli
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup whole raw almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
For the Garnish
- 1 small apple, halved, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
Stir together oats, wheat germ, currants, apricots, almonds, and sunflower seeds in a medium bowl.
For each serving, top 1/2 cup yogurt with 1/4 cup muesli; arrange apple slices on top. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon honey.