Under 30 Minutes
Broiled Sweet-and-Spicy Salmon with Pineapple
Put your broiler to good use with this 20-minute recipe, featuring salmon and pineapple pieces brushed with a maple syrup and cayenne glaze. Round out the meal with simple white rice brightened by the addition of chopped cilantro.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 of a whole (4 pound) pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces lengthwise
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges (optional), for serving
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, arrange salmon and pineapple in a single layer, and brush with half the maple syrup glaze. Broil until salmon is cooked through, 8 to 11 minutes, brushing salmon and pineapple with glaze halfway through. Cut pineapple into chunks. Add cilantro to rice and fluff with a fork. Serve rice with salmon, pineapple, and lime wedges, if desired.