Under 30 Minutes
Citrus Steak Salad
Toss together this super-satisfying salad for a fast meal that won't weigh you down.
- 4 strip steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into matchsticks
Heat a large skillet over medium. Season steaks with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook, turning once, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice crosswise. Set aside.
Cut oranges to release segments; set aside. Over a medium bowl, squeeze remaining membranes to release 2 tablespoons juice; whisk in oil, honey, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, onion, carrots, and orange segments; toss to combine. Top salad with steak.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2008