Simple Barbecue Sauce
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) ketchup (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
To store, refrigerate, up to 2 weeks.
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced by a third, about 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using.