Dried Fruit Compote
Spray your knife with cooking spray to prevent dried fruit from sticking to it.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2001
- 3 cups apple cider
- 12 dried apricots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 dried pear halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 half-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of freshly ground white pepper
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and cook until fruit is soft and liquid is thick, about 20 minutes.
Remove cinnamon and ginger, and discard. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.