Herbes de Provence
Although Herbes de Provence can be found in most grocery stores, it is easy to prepare your own mixture. The combinations can vary, but thyme and savory are generally used; rosemary is included for lamb preparations. Lavender adds a pleasantly pungent aroma.
- Yield: Makes about 1/3 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried savory
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers (optional)
Combine herbs, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.