Orange Mascarpone Filling
Use this to make our Orange-Walnut Buche de Noel.
- Yield: Makes enough for 1 twelve-inch log
Photography: Sang An
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2003
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau, or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat all ingredients except heavy cream, until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream. Use immediately, or refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.