Mrs. Kostyra's Vegetable Stock
This great recipe is courtesy of Mrs. Kostyra.
- Yield: Makes about 8 cups
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 2157
- 3 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 3 medium ribs celery, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium leek, well washed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 small head fennel, cut into chunks
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 10 cups water
Combine the carrots, celery, onion, leek, tomato, fennel, peppercorns, garlic, parsley, thyme, and water in a medium stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, discarding solids.