Carrot, Mint, and Golden Raisin Salad
Mint adds complexity to a traditional shredded carrot and raisin salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2000
- 1 pound large sweet carrots, peeled
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2/3 cup mint leaves, cut into chiffonade or 1/4-inch julienne
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grate carrots through the large holes of a box grater or with a food processor using the grater blade. In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots with golden raisins, mint, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine well. Serve.