Herb Marinated Cheese
Serve this quick appetizer with a hearty brown bread.
- 8 ounces Bucheron or other ripened goat's-milk cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Pinch of crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced whole-grain bread
Cut the cheese crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, and arrange on a serving platter.
Sprinkle with onion, herbs, and red-pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Serve with sliced bread.