Herb Marinated Cheese
Serve this quick appetizer with a hearty brown bread.
- 8 ounces Bucheron or other ripened goat's-milk cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Pinch of crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced whole-grain bread
Cut the cheese crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, and arrange on a serving platter.
Sprinkle with onion, herbs, and red-pepper flakes. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Serve with sliced bread.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2001