Iceberg Hearts with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Blue cheese provides a needed spark to basic iceberg lettuce here.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Beatriz da Costa
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces good-quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
Combine mustard, vinegar, and half of the blue cheese in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking until the mixture becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Place one wedge of lettuce on each serving plate, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with the remaining cheese.