A taco bar lets guests select their favorite fillings and fixings, choosing from chicken, pork, lettuce, radishes, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, salsas, and a squeeze of lime. This recipe was also featured on "Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn."
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2008
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded and refrigerated (until crisp and dry)
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound queso fresco, crumbled, or Monterey Jack, shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Roasted-Tomato Salsa
- Salsa Verde
- Salsa Cruda
- Poached Chicken
- 1 to 2 packages corn tortillas (12 count)
Arrange lettuce, radishes, and cilantro on a large platter. Place limes, cheese, sour cream, and salsas in separate serving dishes. Place chicken and pork in separate warm serving bowls. Garnish chicken with cilantro.
Toast each tortilla in a hot skillet or directly over a gas flame until softened, 15 to 20 seconds per side. Stack tortillas in a dish towel, keeping them wrapped.
Arrange all of the ingredients so that guests can make their own tacos.