Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundaes
- Servings: 4
Photography: David Sawyer
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2000
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup, plus more to adjust consistency
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Best-quality vanilla ice cream
- Peppermint candy, coarsely chopped
Combine heavy cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir to combine, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and add chocolate and peppermint extract.
Whisk until the chocolate is melted. If necessary, adjust consistency with additional corn syrup. Serve over ice cream. Garnish with chopped peppermint candy.