Grilled Seafood Salad
This delicious recipe combines shrimp with tender bay scallops, calamari, crisp arugula, and radicchio. Tossed with a lemony dressing, it makes a flavorful summer meal.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Lisa Hubbard
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound calamari, bodies and tentacles, cleaned
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound tiny bay scallops
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1/2 small bunch arugula, stems removed, leaves cut into very thin strips
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and parsley until well combined; set vinaigrette aside.
Heat a grill that has a fine-mesh grill basket, or a grill pan, over medium-high heat. Place calamari, shrimp, and scallops in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons reserved vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Grill seafood in batches until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side for shrimp and calamari, and 1 minute for scallops. Slice grilled calamari bodies into rings, and place in a clean bowl with remaining grilled seafood. Add shredded radicchio and arugula, and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature on small plates or scallop shells.