Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
Our version of spicy Chicago-style hot dogs are sure to be a hit at your next picnic.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), thinly sliced
- 1 Kirby cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 tomato, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped sport pepper or peperoncini
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns, grilled
- 4 pickle spears
In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard and white-wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add sweet onion, cucumber, tomato, celery leaves, and sport pepper; toss to combine.
Grill hot dogs over medium-high heat until charred and heated through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve hot dogs in grilled hot dog buns and top each with a pickle spear and relish.