- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeds removed if desired)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine with snow peas and red pepper; set aside.
In a blender, combine peanut butter, garlic, jalapeno, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, sesame oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; puree until smooth. Pour over reserved pasta; toss to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature.