Turkey Cobb Salad
You can mix and match the listed ingredients to create your own version of this salad. We used store-bought roasted turkey, but chicken also works well.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2004
- 4 slices (4 ounces) bacon
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 8 ounces (2 cups) roasted turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. The bacon may also be cooked in a 425-degree oven on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Let cool, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and
pepper. While continuing to whisk, drizzle in olive oil until thickened. Add lettuce, and toss to coat. Place on a large serving platter. Arrange remaining ingredients on lettuce as desired, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.