Asian Chicken and Cabbage Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped scallions (about 6)
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small red cabbage, halved, cored, and shredded (8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded or coarsely grated carrots (about 4 medium)
- 12 ounces poached chicken breast or skinless rotisserie chicken meat, shredded (3 1/2 cups)
- Rice crackers (optional)
In a blender, combine scallions, cilantro, vinegar, ginger, and sesame oil; blend until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, and chicken with dressing. Divide evenly among plates; garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve with rice crackers, if desired.