Frozen Bloody Marys
These icy bloody Marys are a refreshing summer cocktail. To make yellow and orange Marys, use a juice extractor to remove juice from orange and yellow tomatoes; omit bottled juice, reduce the amount of Worcestershire sauce to one teaspoon, and use more of the same tomatoes for freezing. For best results, freeze the tomato chunks overnight in a sealed container.
- 1/2 cup good-quality bottled red tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh tomato chunks, frozen
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot-pepper sauce
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups small ice cubes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Skewered small grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and cubed mozzarella, for garnish (optional)
Combine tomato juice, lemon juice, frozen tomatoes, Worcestershire and hot-pepper sauces, vodka, salt, and ice in a blender; season with pepper. Process until smooth. Divide mixture between two glasses. Serve immediately, garnished with skewered tomatoes, basil, and cheese, if desired.