French Potato Salad with White Wine and Celery Leaves
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup loosely packed celery leaves from inner stalks, torn in half
Place potatoes in a stockpot, and add enough cold water to cover by 4 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, and add salt; reduce heat, and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain; let cool slightly. Peel potato, and cut into quarters or eighths.
Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine shallots with wine and vinegar. While still warm, add potatoes to bowl; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with celery leaves, and serve immediately.