Use this recipe with Lamingtons. To ensure that icing stays at the proper consistency while the cakes are prepared, the bowl must sit over a pan of simmering water.
- Yield: Makes enough to coat 24 Lamingtons
Photography: Rob Fiocca
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2002
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
Place the milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, and heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a medium heat-proof bowl; add the vanilla extract, confectioners' sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir until combined.