Roasted Cornish Hen and Grapes
If you like, you can easily substitute four bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (10 to 12 ounces each) for the Cornish hens in this recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed red and green seedless grapes
- 8 shallots, root end intact, halved if large
- 6 sprigs thyme, plus leaves for hens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 Cornish game hens (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss grapes and shallots with thyme sprigs, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Tie legs with kitchen twine; nestle hens among grapes on baking sheet, breast side up. Season hens generously with salt and pepper; sprinkle with thyme leaves.
Roast, basting hens occasionally with pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of leg (avoiding bone) registers 160 degrees. 30 to 35 minutes.