Fig, Ricotta, and Honey Open-Face Sandwiches
The fixings for these hearty open-face sandwiches are easy to transport -- making this simple recipe perfect for a picnic.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2003
- 1 1/4 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 10 (1/3 inch thick) slices rustic bread
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 fresh green or red figs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- Honey, for drizzling
Spread the ricotta over each bread slice. Sprinkle each with thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange figs on top, dividing evenly among the slices. Drizzle honey over the figs, and serve immediately.